Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The D Word


Spring Break y'all was super-mega-tastic this year. Our good friends The Hofheins invited us to go to Disneyland with them. Something I thought I would never get Paul to do. But, he knew how much fun our boys would have with the Hofheins' boys. Paul's schedule worked out and we went! We surprised them by telling them we were going somewhere, only they wouldn't know until Wednesday morning. Paul had a genius idea and made them Mickey Mouse pancakes for breakfast. Their reaction was not very encouraging. (I think Noah was hoping to go to Kauai to see Heidi). We boarded a plane non-rev of course and off to LAX we went.

We had a few hours to kill because we had to take the early flight to make sure we got on. We were starving so we went to the In-n-Out next to the airport and watched some HUGE planes come in.

Then we went to find the ocean. It was cold and windy, but I think the ocean always plays it's magic and draws you in. There is a Posh little town called El Segundo, with a very, very, nice little community along Manhattan Beach. We walked along the path, the boys found some sea shells and got a little wet. I found my future home. Around 10 million if anyone wants to chip in.

We took the long way, and drove out to Anaheim, home of the D Land and met up with the Hofheins. I think I was about 12 when I went to Disneyland last, It has changed a lot! I was quite impressed with both Disneyland and California Adventure. The attention to details, the cleanliness, how it is tailored to children and families. Riding the rides worked out really well because they have a switch pass, so one parent can stay with the baby while the other takes the kids on the ride. You can then switch and the other parent can go through the fast pass line and take up to 2 people again on the ride. FYI they have a baby care center at each park where you can go and nurse privately, change diapers on a padded changing table, or if you are potty training they have little toilets for little bums. Who knew?

A group of excited handsome boys on their first ride. We spent about 12 hours each day non-stop riding rides and walking all over the place. The kids had a ball! I did too, and Paul will never admit it, he had a good time. The Peanut is a total chick magnet and all the women ooh'd and aahh'd over her whenever Paul was holding her in line or walking past. She is truly a Peanut cuz that's what everyone called her. She was so good and got to ride a few rides herself.

Max was selected for Jedi Training and got to fight Darth Vader! Check out my little padawan watch the video below:




Newton's rock the Blue Tea cup!

Wanna get dizzy?? Watch this:



The Princess is soooo tired!

Don't let that face fool you....the bugs land is absolutely darling.

The boys on the Tower of Terror!!!
From left to right, Max, Noah, Grey, Tyler, Nick, Paul and Max

Hanging out on Main Street waiting for the fireworks.
The Peanut earned her ears! They should fit in a year or two!
Thanks Tyler and Wendy! We had a great time. Thanks for the invite! Let's do it again!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! I love that Paul really did have fun, I see a great big smile on the face on a few rides!!! Come on Paul let your Shell of hate down, and show us how much you really loved Disneyland! Tough Guy! Anyways, Glad that All had a great time. I love Disneyland!

Grandma Nancy said...

Looks like a wonderful time, and I think "EVERYONE" had fun, even the tough guy. Can't wait until the Peanut looks at her daddy with those georgous blue eyes and says that she wants to return to "D" land. How can he refuse.....

Kristi said...

Looks like so much fun!!! I'm glad you got to go. What cute kids!

leslie said...

funfunfun!

Grandma Karen said...

Love the pictures. They made me smile. I am so glad you went! Grandma Nancy is right Paul...one of these days she is going to want to go see all the Princess' at the "D" land. And because she is a Princess herself you won't be able to resist!



p.s. I couldn't get any of the video's to work???

michelle said...

Im glad you got to go! And had so much fun! Now save your pennys cuz your coming with us next year! Love the minny ears! So fun!

Mandy Childs said...

Tiff, looks like a blast, I'm jealous I want to go back, but, my husband also is a tough guy and refuses to go again. I'm sure when Colbie gets a little older he will change his mind. ;)

"there is nothing--absolutely nothing half---so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats"--the wind in the willows