Thursday, October 1, 2009

ALOHA from the Garden Island-Kauai

We were very lucky to be able to spend a week with Nic and Heidi at their home in Kauai. The island is so beautiful, I miss it already. We spent a crazy day trying to get out there, thus the pain of our flight privileges. Standby flying is a little stressful at times:) We basically spent each day at the beach. Noah snorkeled for his first time, and loved seeing all the cool fish. Max loved riding the waves on his boogie board, and playing in the sand. Paul surfed in Hanalei Bay, and I did too! (I stood up on the surf board and then fell down but it still counts) Heidi came with us to the beach each day, and played in the sand with the boys and Ty and Shay. She was also willing to watch the kids so we could boogie board at Brenneke's with the sea turtles, and let us go out to eat at Duke's. Thank you so much Heidi and Nic for letting us stay at your house, and play with our boys! It was a fantastic last minute vacation, and we LOVED it.

(too see slide show bigger just click on it to go to full screen)

7 comments:

michelle said...

I Hate you guys! And that made it worse! You just go ahead and catch a lil plane to hawaii without me. I will just stay here in the freezing cold weather, big and fat while you sip your pinacoldas! Jk I am glad you got to go and enjoy the beauty that Heidi thinks she needs to live in.! I love all the pict it brings back lots of memories!

Grandma Karen said...

Ohhhhh...seeing your pictures makes me want to take everybody back!! So neat to see how much more confident Noah is in the water, and just seeing Anahola beach again, and beautiful Hanelie, and darling Shay, just the whole thing! I love the shot of Tiff on the surf board, it just made me laugh. Good work Tiff! What a gorgeous, gorgeous place. I'm glad you were able to go, and safely back.
Love you all.

Grandma Nancy said...

WOW! Love the pics so much I just booked a flight for Rick and I to leave November 30th. Can't wait to go.
I also loved the pic of Maxie on the boogie board. Glad you had a wonderful time.

leslie said...

lucky you! looks so heavenly to chill on the beach all day! i can't think of anything more relaxing and equinimifing (that one's for paul ;). love the pic of you and noah, laying on your boards in the water....you look so happy and so YOUNG! and of course, the last pic, the one of the whole fam.. perfect.

Greg and Leigh said...

Thank for posting all the pictures!! What a fun vacation! We are glad it all worked out for you guys. We are totally impressed with Noah and Max...the little beach bums.

Brittney said...

Tiff, looks like you guys had a BLAST! of course, how could you not in Hawaii!!?? So fun to see your pics!

wendybird said...

Wow! It all looks so beautiful and fun! (Much better than the being-eaten-by-a-bear option.) ;) Glad you guys got to escape to a little piece of heaven - even if the rest of us were stuck here on the cold, cold mainland. (Sniff, sniff)

"there is nothing--absolutely nothing half---so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats"--the wind in the willows