Saturday, April 3, 2010

Friday Night Family Fun!


Last night, we took the boys to the Clark Planetarium to see the new IMAX 3D movie. I think the only word to describe the experience is "amazing". The images that Hubble has taken are simply awesome.
A few years ago, we took Noah to Cape Canaveral to watch the Space Shuttle launch. (SOOOO COOL!) When Paul and I saw the commercial for this movie, we just had to go see it.

The movie takes you through the experience that the astronauts had who were able to fix Hubble (for the 3rd time). It also takes you through some of the images it has taken in 3D which is so crazy! You zoom in to Orion's belt where you are sitting in the middle of a nursery of new stars.

The vastness of space is mind boggling, and it really makes you think about our perfect Earth we live on. I still can't get over the last image of the web of bazillions of Galaxies that are out there full of planets, and stars, and suns just like ours. What a great evening. I definitely recommend going to see it!

3 comments:

Grandma Karen said...

I am so glad you got to go and Noah is feeling better. I really want to go see this now!

~~Heidi~~ said...

OH I WANT TO GO! That sounds so cool! Guess the next time we come home we will have to go! Love ya, your baby is growing so much in that little tumtum of yours!!!

Grandma Nancy said...

It was cool and a wonderful night with the kids.
Thanks for the invite

"there is nothing--absolutely nothing half---so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats"--the wind in the willows