Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I am obsessed!

2 summers ago, I bought this Popsicle mold at Bed Bath and Beyond. It has been a favorite when the weather turns HOT! I will admit, I have gone a little crazy finding some really fab recipe's. (Included below for your tasting pleasure.)

I have used plain old juice, yogurt, and pureed fruit. There are several Popsicle molds available, but I have loved this one.

It has been a great investment. The kids love to help me mix up the ingredients. 4 hours to freeze is sometimes too slow! So far this summer, our favorite concoction is the Strawberry-Blackberry-Pear we just recently made. We had some fresh fruit about to go bad in a day or two, so we whipped these babies up. SO YUM, and just fruit!

Root Beer Ice Pops

1 cup sugar

3 cups hot water

1 tablespoon McCormick® Root Beer Concentrate

1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract

1 teaspoon lemon juice

DIRECTIONS

1. Stir sugar and hot water in medium bowl until sugar is dissolved. Stir in Root Beer Concentrate, vanilla and lemon juice. Pour mixture into 1/2-cup Popsicle molds.

2. Freeze about 2 hours or until partially frozen. Insert Popsicle sticks into each mold. Freeze 2 to 3 hours longer or until frozen.

Root Beer Float Pops

1 1/2 cups water

1/2 cup milk

2 teaspoons McCormick® Root Beer Concentrate

1 cup vanilla ice cream

1/2 cup sugar

DIRECTIONS

1. Place all ingredients in blender container; cover. Blend on medium speed until smooth. Pour mixture into 1/2-cup Popsicle molds.

2. Freeze about 1 1/2 hours or until partially frozen. Insert Popsicle sticks into each mold. Freeze 2 1/2 hours longer or until frozen.

Lemon Raspberry Ice pops

INGREDIENTS:
1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
3 cups cold water
1 (16 ounce) package frozen sliced raspberries

  1. In a large pitcher, stir together the lemonade concentrate and water.
  2. Place the raspberries into a blender and puree them until they are smooth.
  3. Pour some of the lemonade into the blender to aid the blending.
  4. Stir the raspberry puree into the lemonade.
  5. Pour the mixture into Popsicle molds.
  6. Freeze the Popsicles until they are frozen solid - for about 4 hours.
Strawberry-Blackberry-Pear Ice Pops

1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
1 cup fresh or frozen Blackberries
1 cup canned pears with 1 cup of the syrup (I used my home canned ones)

place all 3 fruits in blender
puree until desired consistency (if you want chunks, don't blend as long)
pour in Popsicle molds and freeze

Pina Colada Popsicles

One 5 oz. can pineapple chunks in light syrup
(you can also use fresh)
One 10.5 oz. can coconut milk

2 bananas (peeled)

1 teaspoon vanilla

1. Puree all ingredients (pineapple chunks in juice, coconut milk, bananas, and vanilla).
2. Pour mixture into Popsicle molds.
3.Freeze and enjoy!

4 comments:

leslie said...

yummmm! i'm going out to buy me some pop molds tomorrow! fanks fany :)

~~Heidi~~ said...

oh yumm, i will have to try them out... and this year I am for sure picking some up while I am home!

Ammie said...

Oh yummy! We could really use these here in Arizona! Hotness! That's so cool that you guys went sailing the Deso daily! You're one amazing pregnant lady! Well, You're just always amazing! :)

wendybird said...

Yum! We'll have to try these for sure!

"there is nothing--absolutely nothing half---so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats"--the wind in the willows