Monday, October 18, 2010

Sweet Sunday and Moose's Birthday



We blessed Kaya last Sunday. Paul gave her the sweetest blessing. She looked so beautiful in the dress my Mom made her. Many, many hours were put into this special dress. Thank you Mom, she will always treasure this beautiful gift you made her. This is called shadow work, the work is done behind to make it stand out. The lace she put on the hem has angels on it. (Cuz' shes our angel baby) The bodice is smocked with bullion roses and little pearl beads.
The booties and ruffle socks.
Grandpa, and Grandma the seamstress!
We finally got the results from the genetics test. The CDLS is negative! But the test is only 50% accurate. Meaning they only find the gene 50% of the time. We will continue to monitor her growth and her stepping stones. She is doing well, smiling, cooing, and eating her hands. We love her so much, our little princess.
Now, today is Max's birthday! He is 5 years old. He has been waiting a whole year for this day. One of the many things I love about Moose is his cheesy little grin. He is so full of personality. He is such a cute little guy. He is so sweet and so funny. He is such a great helper with Kaya. And a great little brother to Noah. He frequently says the funniest things. Last week we were at the mall and were walking past the shoes in JC Penney's when he spotted some women's ballet flats that were covered in sequins. He said to me "Mom, those shoes are stylish!" He cracks me up. How I love this boy. Our family just isn't complete without him. Happy Birthday Max! We love you!

7 comments:

~~Heidi~~ said...

Love the Dress!!!!!! Mom always does such a great job! And Happy Birthday! Wow 5 years old... Ty keeps saying mom Do I get to go to Max's party? Love you guys, it was so good to talk to you yesterday!

Grandma Nancy said...

Happy Birthday to my little Maxie. You just have to love that kid and his off the wall personality.
Hope you have a wonderful birthday Moose.
Love Ya.

~Jason and Heidi~ said...

Happy Birthday Moose! We love you.

It was such a beautiful blessing and beautiful day for Kaya.

Greg and Leigh said...

What a kid that Moosey!! We can't believe he is 5 years old, where did that time go? Happy Birthday Moose...Love you!!

leslie said...

ooooh, yay....now that's a post!! so GREAT about the test results. and that dress is AMAZING - karen, YOU are amazing!! even pam commented on the dress and what a sweet blessing paul gave beautiful kaya. love all the maxie pics.. :) happy birthday, little dude!

kjirsten said...

Oh my goodness Tiff . . . we havn't checked in on blogs in a long time, and I just got caught up with your sweet little Kaya's life! I feel so bad that I didn't know anything sooner . . . I'm so glad she is doing well. I'm sure it's been a tough few months for you guys -- I can only imagaine. Sooo happy to see you hold that beautiful baby in her beautiful blessing gown. What blessings! Your mother is an AMAZING seamstress!! WOW! And happy birthday to your cute little Max! We'll try to check in more often from now on!!

Grandma Karen said...

Love the pic! You just can't help but smile when you look at Max's pictures. He is such a little hugger, I love it. We had a great time at his "rocket party"! I just love watching him and Nic together. I hope it will be a lifetime friendship. Kaya's blessing was such a beautiful day. The spirit of the day carried on into the week which is kind of unusual with the pace of life and everything. I am so blessed to be able to make her something from my heart. She truly is an angel.
Love ya,
Mom

"there is nothing--absolutely nothing half---so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats"--the wind in the willows