Monday, October 10, 2011

Aloha!

Sunset Cruise.
Sept. 18th was our anniversary. Our 13th anniversary. Wow. Time is passing very quickly. My wonderful, awesome, and extremely sweet hubby Pauly took me to Kauai sans children and with friends. SO MUCH FUN! We had a wonderful time.

I am spoiled. It was my 4th trip to Kauai and my second without any children in tow. The last time I went without children it was a short trip to see Heidi, my beautiful sis who lives there (not fair) after she had Shay. There's just something about this island. I just don't have any bad memories of this beautiful place. What can I say? I want to go back...soon...
Here are just a few pics to highlight the trip.
Piggies in the sand at Hanalei
The boys playing in the waves
More playing in the waves. Which were HUGE btw.Hanalei Bay. Quite possibly one of the most beautiful places on earth.
Paul and I on the Pier
Tyler and Wendy on the beach!
Heidi (baby Tate) and Wendy at Poipu
Poipu watching the boys surf. You'll have to hear Paul's story about his bracelet.
Secret Beach getting sprayed!
Girls getting sprayed!
Secret BeachSpouting Horn
We're Sailing!!Na Pali Coast Sunset Cruise
Unbelievable Beauty
We were coated in Salt after the first half of the cruise. We were the only one's sitting up front getting soaked to the skin by the waves.
We hiked to the first beach on the Na Pali Coast and then up to a waterfall! It was 8 miles round trip. We did it in 5 hours 45 min. (Yeah, we timed ourselves) Which included PB&J's at the waterfall, me losing my sunglasses in a stream and rolling my ankle 1/2 mile from the car. (nice)
Awesome trail with fresh Guava's all over the place. It was a fantastic day:)
The view
Hanakapia Beach
All Tropical and "stuff"
High Tide Warnings as we headed up the valley to the waterfall
View to the beach from the first river crossing.
The most magnificent toilet. ever.
We swam under that waterfall. A little cold, what a breathtaking view while floating on your back. Kinda wish I had a waterproof camera at that point.Tiffy & Paul
Our "extra" day we spent on Kalapaki Beach -another favorite of mine. This picture is of me swimming with our friends. OH YEAH!! (Kinda an inside joke).

To wrap it up, we took over 500 pictures, so I guess I posted just a few. We had a blast with you guys, Tyler and Wendy. Thanks for going with us. And A HUGE THANK YOU to Grandma Karen, Grandpa Brian, Grandma Nancy and Grandpa Rick for taking the kids so we could go and have a great time together. I know it wasn't easy. We love you guys. Thanks again.

4 comments:

wendybird said...

Your pictures are so beautiful! (except maybe the one one with my toes going crazy...) Thanks for letting us tag along on your anniversary trip! We loved every second! We're packed and ready to head back. :) Ohhh YeAhh!

wendybird said...

The one one? How did that happen?

tiffy girl said...

Wendy it wasn't just an anniversary trip, it was your birthday trip too! Ohhhh Yeahhh!

Jenny said...

You guys didn't say you went to Hawaii! Looks like a great trip. And I can't get over Paul's hair- it is cracking me up- especially the one on the boat :)

"there is nothing--absolutely nothing half---so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats"--the wind in the willows