Growing up my parents had some friends they hung out with. They had girls our same ages. We spent some time at Lake Powell with these friends. We always went the last week of June, for many many years. We packed up lots of food, and the Four Winns, and stayed on a houseboat, and skied, and air chaired, and water weinied, and floatied, and skurfered, and swam, and cliff jumped, and hiked, and explored, and played, and slept under the stars, and slept in our swimsuits so we could get up as soon as the sun hit us to ski the glass, and have bouys for breakfast.
Ahhh, those were good times. I can smell the sunscreen, and my molding towel. I have many fond memories of those times with those friends. As we grew older our families got bigger. We eventually had to split the share so each family could go on their own. The last time I went to Lake Powell, I was pregnant with Noah. It was the last time we would stay on the Sunsation. Kinda sad.
Well, we have some friends we hang out with. They have boys the same ages. We went to Lake Powell with these friends. The last week of June. We packed up lots of food, and the good ol' Four Winns (LOVE that boat) and we skied, and wake boarded, and floatied, and swam, and cliff jumped, and hiked, and played, and slept under the stars. It was fun. It brought back many memories of all the time my family had spent at Lake Powell with friends.
So here it is...Lots of pictures of Noah, Max, and Kaya's first trip to Lake Powell on a houseboat, with friends.
 |
| the boys on a "dune hike" |
 |
| "Favorite time of night" |
 |
| Noah's first attempt... |
 |
| He's up!!! |
 |
| Me and Miss Peanut |
 |
| The mama and her babies |
 |
| Hanging with Daddy |
 |
| Sunset Yoga session with Wendy |
 |
| Pretty spectacular Surya Namaskara (Sun Salutations) on a sandstone cliff surrounded by water, have I mentioned I love namaste? |
 |
| My favorite pose "Wild Thing" |
 |
| The boys fishing and catching big cat fish on hot dogs and bacon |
 |
| Pauly cookin' up some mountain man breakfast aka the cholesterol gut buster....thats just so very tasty |
 |
| The Max's |
 |
| Noah and Grey |
 |
| Flying Moose! |
 |
| Splash! Watch out for Tyler's squirt gun |
 |
| Maxy Waxy |
 |
| Grey armed...and dangerous.... |
 |
| Little miss peanut and her dew rag |
 |
| Who you lookin' at? |
 |
| Mr. Silas K. Hofheins my little buddy |
 |
| Pauly working his way up to "the crack" |
 |
| cliff jumpers |
 |
| Pretty much the scene the whole trip, 5 boys in the water |
 |
| Golden Oreo's and fishing with Daddy |
 |
| just keep swimming, swimming, swimming |
 |
| rainbow |
 |
| The boys found a snake that had eaten a lizard behind that big rock, the head of the lizard was still sticking out of the snakes mouth...gross!÷ |
 |
| look closely you can see the snake eating the lizard |
 |
| Sand Monster Sy |
 |
| Sleeping Beauty |
3 comments:
Looks like an awesome trip. There's nothing bettter than warmth and water. Cute cute pics of Kaya! Her eyes are so amazing!
There is so much about this post that I LOVE! WILD THING are you kidding, those photos ruled, what a PERFECT place for yoga! Little miss peanut is an angel, and your family simply rules. I'm glad you got back out there with friends! MISSING YOU!
That does bring back all the good memories! I miss it there! That to me is summer time! I can still smell the way the lake smells. Oh how I love that kaya girl she is so beautiful tiff. You and wendy are die hards on the yoga sutff , Good for you Im really just jelous cuz I can't even bend over backwards, or do the dogstance or what ever its called. Lov you m ps who is wild thing?
Post a Comment