I love taking the boat to Strawberry! It is so beautiful up there, much less crowded, and not too far away. We did a little fishing. We did some floating while listening to some new tunes. ( just purchased the new O.A.R. Album All Sides LOVE IT. Also the Into the Wild Soundtrack all written by the talented Eddie Vedder. ) We also got the kids on the freeboard, and just soaked up the day. All in all the day passed by too quickly.
12 comments:
Nice work tippy! And let me just stop all you naysayers right now, Max looks good with long hair! just look at the first pic. The kid can work the hair. Yes I am aware that I look like I rode the short bus to school but thankfully Max got Tippys genes.
That is funny cuz I was just going to buy that Cd but now I can just borrow it. I love Eddie Vedder. Anywho we nee to plan a trip before the craziness of school begins. What is pauls sched. Let me know. I lov the pictures, it is so pretty up there! Oh man paul that last comment just made my day. You did take the short bus to school remember.! Hope your tooth is ok
I am sorry we missed the trip to the lake. It looks wonderful and I love the picture of the boys fishing. Max really does know how to work it. :)
Hope to get up there before the snow flies.
HOW FUN!!! I love all your pictures. And yes paul, Maxy really does pull off the long hair pretty good! I am so glad you guys took the boat out. Its good for the old girl to get out every year or three! Love you all
You are now just purchasing the "Into the Wild" cd. That has been my favorite album for the last year. Have you not watch the movie yet?
Nate,
Paul picked up the book while commuting to and from Bethel, Alaska when he was working as a bush pilot. And we BOTH read the book, and SAW the movie when it first came out. Oh and Pauly was at Lee's ferry headed out on a Grand trip when they were filming at marble canyon.
Tiff, Your boys are adorable. That looks wonderful to be out on the lake.
Yeah Nate put that in your pipe and choke on it. It was our favorite album before it was yours! Greg has a pack of camel smokes that eddie vedder threw at him at a concert and I met the ghost of chris McCandless in Alaska and Tiff fantasizes about the kid in the movie so take that. And Noah plays backup harp on the album, and Sean penn bought me dinner at Marble canyon and you're the one with a candy shell on his head.
It is soooo good to see the boat out "fulfilling the measure of it's creation"! The boat has such a special place in my heart since we have so many memories of you kids and Lake Powell. I am so glad you took time to go and enjoy the day. It looks so peaceful,,,, (as the constant, annoying sound of a high pitched router, does its work in the background) I know, I know it will all be worth it when it is done.
Anyway you guys better go again before the weather changes and you know how fast that can happen! Just so everyone knows Jason has reserved it for Labor Day weekend, so if you are thinking you might want to get out again you better reserve your day.
Glad to see I am not the only one with a spinning reel in his hands these days. I had forgotten how those things work until this summer. Oh and by the way Chris McCandless is an overglorified green horn who died in a bus! Come on at least go out in a dignified manner. Alexander Supertramp, my butt. I do like the sound track though and I heard it way before any of you guys.
seriously, ship that kid off to a shampoo marketing agency and make some cash off those locks!!!
....oh and the boat trip looks fab! is that the same boat we took to powell and sang (ahem, screamed) "TOP OF THE WORLD" in as we cliff jumped?? i love that boat. sigh.
Les,
Yip that's the boat. That was a fun trip. Great memories, I remember trying to get that guy's crack in the picture at the dock with you and Ashley. But mostly I remember how much fun us gals had. Good times.
Post a Comment