Saturday, November 1, 2008

This is HALLOWEEN......BOO!

Our garden produced 12 fine pumpkins this year. Which turned out to be a regular activity this summer, to go out and count up how many pumpkins we could find growing as the weeks went by. For Halloween, we carved our pumpkins the night before. We called Grandpa Brian and Grandma Karen to come down and help us carve the pumpkins.
Halloween this year was fun. I was able to help out at school with Noah's Halloween Party for his first grade class.

My favorite part of Halloween this year was watching Max in his Mickey Mouse costume I made for him. (He was sooo cute!) He would tell everyone that he had a tail, and proceeded to stick his little tushie out to show them. Noah was Spiderman and he made a really cool (not cute-Mom!) and muscular one. We all missed Paul who got called to work in California this weekend:(

We started our neighborhood trick-or-treating around 5, then we visited the great grandparents, Murdocks, and headed up to Grandma Nancy's for her tradition of dinner, including the bubbling witch's cauldron (the kids favorite) and new Halloween jammies.

9 comments:

wendybird said...

So fun. I love your costumes -you're so crafty and talented! Now I know where you were when came trick-or treating to your door!

michelle said...

Oh man I wish we would of been able to see them in there costumes. You did awesome job on Maxs costume. of course!

~Jason and Heidi~ said...

I can't believe you made the costume for Max. Seriously it was so cute. What made it cute was him sticking his tushy at me and showing me his tail. What a good mommy you are. Thanks for trick-or-treating to our house. Love you guys!

~~Heidi~~ said...

How fun, I love both of their costumes, And great job on Max's. He looks so good! Wow look at all those punkins. That is awesome, I am guessing dad's is the one with the square eyes? We only got one this year because they cost 8.00 each, so I am glad you carved a few for us too!

Grandma Karen said...

Soooo cute!! Everyone's costume was just great this year. It is fun to see how inexpensively you can put a few things together and come up with a cute costome. I did that when you kids were little and they are the ones I still remember.
Thanks for letting us carve a punkin, I haven't done that in a few years.

Ammie said...

Tiff, You're amazing! Making that adorable costume and growing those great pumkins!

leslie said...

you truely are a domestic goddess tiff.... i need lessons!! :) esp. LOVE that last pic of max. SO cute. xox

Heather said...

Love the mickey mouse. Talented little Tiff. So cute! Looks like a fun Halloween!

miranda said...

What a cute costume! Looks like a fun Halloween.

"there is nothing--absolutely nothing half---so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats"--the wind in the willows