Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day


Oh what a wonderful few days it has been. We have spent the last few days surrounded by loved ones. It has been simply wonderful. Grandma Karen and Grandpa Brian stopped by to give us our new jammies! Then we headed up to enjoy Christmas Eve at Newton's. It was a very enjoyable evening. We went sledding, had yummy soup and scones, then headed outside for more sledding and a fire to roast marshmallow's and make smore's. Max is becoming quite the sledding guru. We couldn't get him out for more than 3 or 4 runs in the last week, but now we can't get him off his sled.


After more sledding and smore's we started a new tradition.....
Grandpa Rick read "The Night Before Christmas" to us on the front porch. We came home to find out where Santa was on norad. He was getting close, so we were quick to get out Santa's cookies and milk, write Santa a little note, brush teeth, and say prayers.

Christmas morning was also wonderful. I just love seeing the looks on the boys faces as they open their gifts. Paul spoiled me with a wonderful gift. (thanks! I love you)


Then we headed up to Grandma and Grandpa Murray's for yummy and always delicious Christmas breakfast and cousins! We really enjoyed their new great room, and beautiful Christmas Tree.


Christmas was wonderful. We are so blessed by all of those who surround us. Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful gifts, and warm wishes. Thanks to all of you who sent us wonderful Christmas cards. We look forward to them every year. Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

michelle said...

Oh so cute! I love all of the snow pictures. Especially the one of ppapa rick reading a book outside, and the one of all of you guys and pauls parents. We had a good christmas to.I can't believe it is over, now the boring months begin,,, lv ya

Grandma Nancy said...

It was a wonderful Christmas. We loved having everyone up to the house on Christmas Eve and Christmas night. What great traditions we are making.
Thanks for everything.

~~Heidi~~ said...

So cute! And fun, I love the picture of the snow and lights at Nancy's house. She has such a nice house! And what a fun gift you got from your man. I love all the kids faces opening up their gifts! Love you guys and missed you for christmas!

Grandma Karen said...

Christmas was extra special this year, I'm not sure why it just was. We are so grateful for family and friends that make our lives so rich and meaningful. We have been SOOOO blessed. Everyone is healthy, we all have "sufficient for our needs" and more, and we have the
Savior to guide us when things get tough. We love you all, thanks to all of you for making good choices which in turn makes dad and my life so easy. Not everyone can say that of their children. Thanks for your genuine "goodness".

~Jason and Heidi~ said...

What a fun Christmas Eve. I love it. We had fun Christmas Morning! I love your new camera. Glad you had a great Christmas!

"there is nothing--absolutely nothing half---so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats"--the wind in the willows