Sunday, December 7, 2008

A little trip for the mom:)

I was able to go see my sister Heidi in Kauai for 5 days. Paul had a few days off, so he stayed home with the boys. Oh man, it was a great trip! As some of you may know, she just had a baby girl on Nov. 20th. My mom went out earlier for the birth, and to offer the best Grandma support. (She is the best--love you mom) She was my roommate for those few days.

I was greeted at the Lihue airport last Sunday by Ty running to me from across the room. (He is so cute), then Heidi gave me a huge hug, and a lei made from orchids and then I got to see my new niece! Who is so beautiful! (her middle name means beautiful in Hawaiian--Leilani)

We hung out, shopped, went to the beach, and ate the yummiest fish and macadamia nut ice cream at Duke's. Then Mom, Nic (bro-in-law) and I went on a Zodiak tour of the Na pali Coast. It was so amazingly beautiful. It is almost surreal...the beauty of this place. We were lucky to see a pod of Hawaiian Spinner Dolphins. They actually spin up out of the water. So cool! Then to top it off, we saw a Humpback Whale breach 7 times in a row! So so so cool!

Seriously, I am so spoiled! Thank you Heidi and Nic for offering me a room and food, and driving me all over the island. Thanks mom for being such a great roommate, and hanging out with me. Thank you Paul for letting me go kidless, and all by myself. Oh, and for being able to fly first class! Yip, I am spoiled!! (If you want to hear the music with the slide show just click on the speaker at the top)

9 comments:

Greg and Leigh said...

You are so spoiled but you deserve every minute of it...looks like you had a blast.

Grandma Karen said...

Hey roomy, all I want to know is are you sleeping alright without the fishy and stars on the ceiling??? I loved having you here even though it was only for a few days. I had a great time spending time with both my girls. I am still thinking about the zodiac trip (so is my back!) It was an amazing day. It is hard to believe those creatures are out in the ocean right now! I am so glad we got to see all we saw. Sometimes its hard for me to believe that I am really seeing what I am seeing because it is so unbelievably beautiful. I still have a pretty funky sunburn across my forehead! I don't think it will be going away any time soon.
I can breath a sigh of relief knowing that Shay is here safe and sound and perfect. She is such a sweet baby and she truly is so beautiful. Heidi is doing amazingly well, I can't believe she just had a baby 2 weeks ago, she looks great and has taken the new routine all in stride. That's my Heidi though, she always adjusts to new situations pretty easily. I have loved getting to know Ty a little better. Although he can be full of it at times, he has been a pretty good boy considering all the changes that has come his way in the last two weeks. I have loved listening to him in bed, watching the fishy and stars circling his ceiling every night. It's on a timer so as soon as it turns off he scrambles to turn it back on and just keeps on assessing his day and just processing all that went on during the day. He has made me smile listening to his sweet voice and his ability to say just about anything he wants. He is so aware of his surroundings, he always amazes me with some of the things he comes up with. I will have to teach Heidi the "fishy" song, I'm sure it will be requested every night. (It's a song we made up while Heidi was in the hospital and he has seemed to really like it.) Just remember the tune of twinkle twinkle little star and you've got it! I have enjoyed early morning trips to the top of the hill still in p.j.'s while he rides his tractor before the dew was off the grass and the birds singing good morning. Ty boy grandma loves you and (Nic you CANNOT sell that tractor!)
Nic and Heidi, thank you for allowing me to be a part of Shay's birth. I will never forget it and the spirit of that miracle. Thank you for allowing me to stay so long, (I hope I haven't gotten on your nerves too much) eat your food, use your gas, electricity, water, and just hang out with you. I have enjoyed meeting your friends. They are all really great people and I am grateful for the support they have been to you. It is so neat that you are all around the same age with young little families. I'm grateful they are apart of your experiences here.
Saturday we went to Hanalei. It was another blue ribbon day (like the Zodiac day) and I missed all of you. I really wished you were all there with us. All the different colors of green, the flowers, smells, sea mist, color of the water, birds, people and overall scenery truly makes this island seem magical. I hope we can get everybody out here one more time and make more memories. I love you all, you are always in my thoughts and prayers. Aloha, grandma karen.

Kristi said...

I'm so jealous! But so glad you had a great time. Cute little baby girl!!

leslie said...

lucky duck!!! i'm so glad you got to go.... pics are beautiful. xo

michelle said...

Okay I am allittle jelous still but that is okay. I am glad that you got a break from the boys and are home safe. I am sure Paul is glad your back too. i love the pictures but would love to see more. Lv ya

~~Heidi~~ said...

Thanks for coming, we had such a great time with aunt tippy! i am so glad that u guys went to see the coast! We loved every min of you being here, sorry it was so short, but at least you got to come! Love you! And Grandma, No you have not been a burden at all, we have loved having you here. Sorry Ty has totally warn you out, but I hope your back recovers soon. You need to just make sure on Tuesday you go home and sleep sleep sleep!!! We are going to miss you very much! I know Ty is going to have a hard time without his GRAMAMA here. Its going to be hard to let you go tonight!

miranda said...

How fun! What a nice break- especially since it snowed today! You deserve it, tell Paul he needs to do that for you once a month.

~Jason and Heidi~ said...

Glad you were able to get away Tiff! It was long overdue. What an awesome experience to see Na Pali cast like that. I want to do that some day. Your new hair looks great by the way.

wendybird said...

Wow, gorgeous. All of it! I'm so jealous of your trip, but happy you were able to take it! (You're going to be quite the jetsetter now, huh?) :)
Thanks for the yummy treat too, I can't believe you already have your friend and neighbor gifts done and out the door! I'm SO impressed. (I finally decided what to do. . . look for it around, hmm, Christmas. :))

"there is nothing--absolutely nothing half---so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats"--the wind in the willows