Sunday, August 23, 2009

pack packing in the uintahs


we took one last trip before school started we headed up to the west fork of the blacksfork river in the high uintahs. we each carried a pack, Max packed his sleeping bag. Noah carried his sleeping bag and sleeping pad and some water. Ani packed her food, and Paul and I packed the rest! Paul has already put up a great post on his blog, so I will just bore you with more pictures.

The boys packing in.
I think Ani was in DOG HEAVEN!
Max carried his backpack for a little ways. He did awesome!
Crossing a few small streams along the way.
Noah packing in. Such a trooper!

Pauly fishing.Max fishing while Paul sorts out some tangled line.
Beautiful view from our camp
Max and I gathering firewood. (It was a cold night, but I slept very well in my new down sleeping bag Paul surprised me with:)
Dinner and breakfast was wonderful around our cozy fire.

6 comments:

wendybird said...

You guys are so awesome. It looks like people heaven as well as dog heaven! (And I can't believe your little guys carried their packs in too! So cute!)

Grandma Karen said...

I'm so glad you guys go and be adventuress. (sp?) Loved all the picks. It looks like it was a very peaceful place. I love the picture of Paul in the background fishing and the dead pine cones still hanging on the tree. Very artsy!

Newty said...

What Tiff meant to say was that this secret spot is in the wind rivers NOT in the Uintas! ;)

Grandma Nancy said...

Awesome pictures and a beautiful spot in the Wind River range. :)

michelle said...

LOVE those pict. That is cool anni girl has her own back pack. Who knew.. Love it!

Ammie said...

What a great time! You guys are so fun! Great pictures.

"there is nothing--absolutely nothing half---so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats"--the wind in the willows