Saturday, August 18, 2007

I spy.....


a big horned sheep! Just another fabulous photo taken by Paul. I must tell you that I got my information wrong, the flash flood was not Indian Creek. It was the camp that is called Indian. There is not a creek near the camp, just where the flash came through:)



Just a few thoughts of the day as I have 1 week until the half marathon. I ran 10 miles yesterday, down the canyon on the trail. The race starts at Balsam and ends at the Mapleton Park. I felt great, I am totally feeling good about the race next week. I am a little nervous, and excited, but really pleased with myself that I am doing it. I don't really care how fast I finish, I just wanna do it! I think I am ready.

6 comments:

THE CONDIE CLAN said...

Good luck on the race Tiff.

Remember, "It's not about winning or losing, it's how we play the game that makes us who we are."
I don't know who said that, but... Whatever!! Quotes like these never seem to help me in a race, so I thought I would give you some words of wisdom that my friend Kyle Crawshaw would always say to pump us up right before an exam. He would say:

"There are no points for second place."

"Second place is the first loser."

"The trophy for second place is in the ladies room."

Just remember these words and think of how mad they make you and you will run like the wind.

Seriously, best of luck. Jared :)

PS A girl graduated TOP of my dental class so maybe this qoute works or it could have been her photographic memory.

michelle said...

tippy. we know you will kick some everlovin tale even if your not first. your awsome for being so dedicated. I love the potoghraphy pauly don't quit your day job .Oh thats right you don't have a day job. JK Loved your comment about red robin you kill me.

leslie said...

very cool pics, paul... but you already knew that ;) i'm SO excited for this weekend, tiff, when you're gunna have to peel my sorry-unprepared-for-the-race-but-still-stupid-enough-to-try a*s off the asphalt and carry me on your back to the nearest help tent..... can't wait ;) where should we go eat afterwards... hmmmm?

Grandma Karen said...

Tippy, I am excited for you! I am so proud of you. I can't imagine even running up to the corner without gasping for air!!! I am proud of you for staying dedicated and not giving up. I think these kind of accomplishments are so personal for so many reasons, so enjoy the journey. We will be at the park to join in your celebration. What flav of Gatorade would you like?
Love you so much,
Mom

~~Heidi~~ said...

Tiffy you can do, I really wish i was in utah right now, and i would totally run it with you. Oh man, okay Heidi don't think about it. But hey, the good thing is you guys will be here in 2 weeks... YIPPY. I can't wait! We are going to have so much fun! Sure love you, and GOOD LUCK, you will rock it, I know!

Grandma Nancy said...

Pauly,
Love the pictures from the Grand Canyon. Would love to see a canyon flash like that some day.

Tiffy, good luck on the race, I know you can do it. See you at the finish line.

Love you guys.

"there is nothing--absolutely nothing half---so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats"--the wind in the willows