Friday, March 28, 2008

The Kindy 500






Today was Noah's Kindergarten's 1st annual Kindy 500. Each child was to make their own "vehicle" from a cardboard box to travel from state to state to learn about the USA. There were 7 stations, where they learned about different things. The American Flag, White House, Statue of Liberty, Mount Rushmore, Lincoln Memorial, Liberty Bell, and Bald Eagle. The kids would get into their vehicle and drive to the different stations, then park in the "parking lot" and sit and learn about the 7 different American symbols.
Each one of their vehicles were unique, and for me it was fun to see how different each child's was. Noah had drawn me a blue print of what he wanted for this jet. So we went to work and came up with his jet. He had a great time building his jet. It was a good project for us when Max was napping.
I was able to be a helper today. Although, I didn't get to travel with his group. I was assigned to the Bald Eagle station, where Mr. Root from the Department of Wildlife Services was giving his 12 min. on the Bald Eagle. I was "Vanna" and got to pin Bald Eagle pins on the kids that answered questions, and sat still and listened. I learned oodles about the Bald Eagle.

Noah's Group

More of the cute vehicles

8 comments:

miranda said...

How cute!! What a fun idea! I loved your jet Noah, very creative!

michelle said...

I love it! I can't believe how clever kids are. They all had awesome cars, but Noah yours was the best! Way to go!

~~Heidi~~ said...

Now that is cute!! I love the rocket Noah, you did such a great job. I love how proud he is as he is walking down the hall. Love you guys!

Kati said...

Love it! I bet the kids will remember that forever!
What a cutie little Noah is!

Sydney said...

How fun, I can't wait for my boys to have projects like that.

So great that you were able to help out- what a great mom!

leslie said...

what a great way to learn about the USA! i bet it was better than halloween, parading around in their homemade creations... very cool!!

The Henrie's said...

Tiff,
I am so slow at learning how to do this. I'm glad you left a message on mine so I could get your address and add you to our blog list.
Noah's car is so cute. Grace just had her first kiny 500 as well. I guess I'm not as good as Sydney, I was happy to volunteer Jason to help with the car. But it was a cute parade.
Yes, how could I forget D.C. last time. It was crazy it didn't even feel like the same place. There were a ton of new things to see. But topping last time is pretty hard to do!
Ashlee

J. Melody said...

This makes me excited for my kids to be in school. How fun. Hopefully we'll get to see you this weekend. I switched my blog to the kind with a password and I want to invite you...will you send me an email so I have your address?

"there is nothing--absolutely nothing half---so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats"--the wind in the willows