Monday, September 29, 2008

The weekend


I know you have been patiently waiting for me to post about the big anniversary weekend. Paul had it all planned out, babysitters, and a dog sitter (thanks Shell) they were ready for us to go. I was informed the day before so I could pack, and help get the kids packed. Paul had listed us for flights, reserved us a rental car, and a room all in the great state of Minnesota. Yip, the land of 10,000 lakes. We went to the River Rock's Music festival where we were able to see in concert our favorite band O.A.R. (link is to the song they opened up with:)) Ohhhhh it was fabulous! (On a side note last year we went to Denver to see them at Red Rocks with my BFF Leslie and her hubby Joe) Seriously, I have never heard a band play better live. It was a much needed break for the two of us to go hang out somewhere together with out any interruptions. The concert was held at Harriet Island Park. It sits on a turn in the Mississippi river. It was so beautiful, the huge sky scrapers of St. Paul behind us, while the sun sets in front of us behind the stage.





Our hotel was just a few blocks away from the famous Mall of America. Where the reality of American consumerism is right there in front of you at every turn of your head.

The middle of this HUGE mall is an amusement park. With roller coaster rides, and all other kinds of entertainment. I think the biggest shocker for us was the "Best Buy John Madden Football" video game contest. Here we are in the middle of the day, on a friday and there are people and kids of all ages playing video games. It was crazy. It was a great weekend and I loved every minute of it. Thanks Paul I had a great time just being with you, without kids, or dogs, or home. I love you. (ps check out his new blog link is on the sidebar)

6 comments:

~~Heidi~~ said...

That looks like so much fun! Glad you guys got away, and wow look at that mall, your kids would have loved that!!!!

Ammie said...

Tiff- That is wonderful!! Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Good for Paul planning it all.

~Jason and Heidi~ said...

That is crazy about the mall. Glad you guys were able to get away. You both needed it.

michelle said...

even though I had my arm taken off and bite marks to prove it it was fun. I am glad you got to get away, and you had so much fun! Lov ya

Heather said...

Tiff that sounds like such a fun trip! We are actually going to see O.A.R this weekend here in Florida. Reading your post got me really excited for our weekend. Hope all is well. Love ya!

-Heather

wendybird said...

How fun! You're so lucky Paul plans things like that! Glad you guys had a good get-away.

"there is nothing--absolutely nothing half---so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats"--the wind in the willows