It is amazing to me how music can bring together so many different kinds of people. I am not just talking about the recent concert. Music can take you on a journey. It can inspire, soothe and comfort, energize, and trigger memories. Paul told me a story about an experience in a canyon called "Blacktail" in the Grand Canyon. It is a small canyon that they take passengers on a hike to. It naturally closes around you, and has acoustic effects. Guides will play guitars and other instruments up this canyon, because the sound is so incredible. Paul likes to read the passengers a story, of which the first line is "this is a ghost story".
A lady had brought her flute on the trip. She had played a few songs, but felt that she wasn't being appreciated, (even though she was) they encouraged her to keep playing. She said she only knew 1 more song, so she began to play. Another passenger, 75 years old. Was on the trip with his son, to spend time together after the passing of his wife of 50+ years. As she began to play this old man, began to sing. It was an old Polish folk song, one that had been dear to him and his wife. When the song ended, their wasn't a dry eye in the place. Here were people from all across the U.S. on this trip. Sitting in a remote canyon on the Colorado River, being touched because of the music that was shared.
Paul and I came across this artist a few years ago one night while staying up late, when the show the 11th hour came on PBS. It was this crazy guy with both hands full of brushes and going insane at the huge canvas hanging before him. He was throwing paint all over. I couldn't find the same video we had seen, but I did find this on youtube. Check this out. Denny Dent
In the video that we saw of him, he was painting on stage at a college in Colorado somewhere. He painted 2 paintings, the first was Jimi Hendrix, he painted it upside down! The other was of John Lennon. It was amazing to see. I really wish that I could have found that one for you to see. How would it be to have talent like that!
2 comments:
So did anyone look at the Denny Dent video? Was this post to deep-thoughts for ya? Hello, I need feedback!
Tiff i did look at the video, i think you showed us before. it's crazy how talented he is. come over will turn on some "Fany bannany" or some "Tina come get your ham!" I'll see if i am inspired and can paint a picture of you. LOL
Post a Comment