Thursday, November 29, 2007

Happy Birthday Grandpa Rick!




Happy Birthday Tricky boy!
We appreciate all that you do for us!
I asked Noah what his favorite thing is that you do together. He said "camping!" Then he said, "but we haven't been camping with Grandpa for a long time. So we better plan a trip soon."
I asked Max what his favorite thing to do with Papa Rick is, and he said "NO!" and pushed me away.
Next I asked Pauly what his favorite thing to do with his Dad is. He said "river trips, and our morning phone conversations."
My favorite thing about you is that you are so easy to talk to. You are always interested in what I am up to. You have rowed my butt down many rivers, even rowed backwards through rapids, so Noah and I didn't get splashed. You have always made me feel welcome, and that I am an important part of the family.
Thank you for being you and making our lives so much richer! You have taught us all so much. Happy Birthday! We love you!

6 comments:

michelle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICK MAN. YOU ARE REALLY EASY TO TALK TO AND PRETTY DANG FUN TO BE AROUND!
HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY AND DO SOMETHING FUN YOU OLE FART!

Grandma Nancy said...

Tiffy Girl,
I really like the blog today. Thanks for all the nice things you said about me. We will have to go camping next summer. We love you like a daughter.

Michelle, a big thanks to you too...
Papa Rick

wild murdocks said...

Rick,
Hope you had a great day! I wish I could return the favor and send you a big beetle in the mail for your B-day!

XOXO
alina

Creed said...

Happy B-Day uncle Rick!
Theres something about that 10gallon hat that just demands respect. You remind me of Robert Earl Keen. "The road goes on forever and the party never ends!"

~~Heidi~~ said...

Happy brithday Rick. You are such a nice guy, and so good to our tippy! Thanks for loving her boys as much as you do! Have the happiest brithday ever.

Grandma Karen said...

Happy Birthday to youuuu, happy birthday to youuuuu,
happy birthday grandpa Rick, happy birthday to you. If you could'nt tell this is your signing birthday card!
Hey I hope your special day was great, and you are going to do something terrific tomorrow to celebrate. Thanks for loving our Tiffy, she sure loves you guys. Grandma Karen.

"there is nothing--absolutely nothing half---so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats"--the wind in the willows