Monday, January 7, 2008

Feed the Birds




The boys and I decided to do a little project one day while it was so dang cold outside. We took creamy peanut butter, and mixed it with cornmeal. Then spread it on a HUGE pine cone. Next we sprinkled bird seed over the peanut butter. We then hung it outside the kitchen window. We have since seen as many as 18 birds at one time, enjoying our little snack. After a week of bird watching, we have added to our bush the heels of bread, spread with peanut butter or honey and covered in bird seed. We also had to redo the pine cone. The birds had eaten EVERYTHING off of it!


Quote from Noah while watching a Blue jay eat some seed "Look mom! The birds are so happy!"

Share the love, and see how many birds you can bring happiness to!

ps. Could someone please tell me how to rotate pics on blogger? Thanx

4 comments:

~Jason and Heidi~ said...

Okay Fanny! What you do is.... when you go into select file, click on iphotos...modified...then it will show you the ones that were taken vertically. Then just select them and post to your blog. If you have questions call me while you do it and I will talk you through it. Love the idea. I will try it with the kids.

Kati said...

Hey Tiff...I rotate mine in photoshop or the program my camera came with. When I download my photos onto my computer...I always go through and rotate the ones that need to be rotated.

The bird seed looks like a lot of fun! My kids would love to do that! What a great mom you are!!!!

Kati
I sent you an email...

leslie said...

great idea, tiff!! i need to do this with my kids, they would love it! miss you!

leslie said...

oh and the bunk beds turned out fab - love the personalized touch you added!!!

"there is nothing--absolutely nothing half---so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats"--the wind in the willows