Tuesday, January 15, 2008

SoCiAl StUdIeS



Noah's kindergarten class is gearing up for a unit in social studies. They will be learning that maps and globes are symbols for actual places. They are asking for friends, and family members that live outside our area to send the class a postcard with a short message about the place they live. Also, if you are out of state for work, or vacation, please take a minute to grab a postcard. Each time the class receives a postcard, they will mark it on their map and talk about the place in relationship to Utah.

If you are interested in sending his class a postcard, please email me, and I will give you the school's address! (thenewtys@mac.com) Thanks!

3 comments:

Grandma Nancy said...

Noah bug, I am so excited that you are going to study maps and the globe. I love maps and planning trips to different places. I will check and see if I have any post cards that I can send.
Love ya,

~~Heidi~~ said...

Noah that is so cool, and you know what, when I get home I will send you a post card, and you can tell the class all about where your aunt Heidi lives because you have been there!! Sure love ya!

leslie said...

fun! i'll definetly send you a postcard, noah.... e-mail me the schools address tiff!!! btw, hilarious skydiving e-mail the other day...... still laughing :D

"there is nothing--absolutely nothing half---so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats"--the wind in the willows