Thursday, October 25, 2007

DUH!

Okay today I had a total senior moment! Max had his 2 year check up appointment this morning. Noah, Max and I are all ready to go, we get into the car at exactly 10am. The appointment is at 10:30 in provo. We have plenty of "not have to speed to get there" time. Well, upon approaching the car, I had noticed the drivers side door wasn't shut all the way. I have not driven the car since yesterday after picking Noah up from kindergarten. We are all strapped in, ready to go. I stick the key in the ignition, and guess what?! Nothing! Not a click, not an eeerrrr, not a chug not anything. Dang! So without even thinking, I grab my purse, find the cell phone in the bottom and call my mom.
Me-"Mom, my car is dead!"
Mom-"Where are you?"
Me-"In my driveway, I need to take Max to the Dr."
Mom-"Come get my car"
Me-"Okay but I will have to drag the car seats up the street too so it will take me a few minutes"
Mom-"I'll just bring it down to you, see ya in a sec"
Me-"THANKS!!"

So here comes my Mom, saving the day:) We get the car seats in, then the kids in the car, I look forward to see if any cars are coming so that I can pull out safely. And to my SURPRISE what do I see? DUH the truck is parked in front of the house!!! HELLO??? is there a brain in my head? (Paul is out of town on a grand canyon private trip) I am just so used to the truck being gone when he is gone that I totally spaced it!!!! DUH!

Thank you Mom for coming to my rescue! What would I do without you? I love you!

2 comments:

~~Heidi~~ said...

That is funny tippy, its okay we all have those days! You guys are so lucky to have mom and dad right by you! Ty is pulling on my clothes, i better go, love you miss you!

michelle said...

I totally agree with heid, we all have those days. Thank goodness there not everyday , I hope...
You are very lucky to have mama right next door. hopefully you willhave a better day tomorrow.

"there is nothing--absolutely nothing half---so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats"--the wind in the willows