Sunday, October 28, 2007

Happy Birthday Grandma Nancy!!


Happy Birthday to you!!
You live in a Zoo!!
You look like a Monkey!!!
And you smell like one too!!!

Okay, Noah made me put that on here. Grandma Nancy, where do I start? Well, I would first like to thank you for all you do for us. We love you so much! Thanks for always being willing to babysit when I need a break! Thanks for teaching me how to make yummy rolls. Years ago, on the Selway, you taught me how to embroider. Noah says that you make really good spaghetti, and he loves to sleepover at your house. You really are a great cook! Now for a few funny memories.... I remember when Paul threw Greg into the wall, and we were sitting at the kitchen table eating in silence....until I started to laugh??? I remember when your ankle was caught in the strap on the boat--and you fell back into the river. I was trying to get it unwrapped from your ankle, so that you could stand up-and you thought I was trying to do you in??? I remember you helping me wash my hair on the Middle Fork when a few minutes later there was a huge rattler where we had been. I remember playing sequence on Sunday nights, and beating the guys. I remember the first time you took me to Gardner Village. I remember you accepting me into your family and treating me like one of your own. Happy Birthday Nancy, I love you!

4 comments:

michelle said...

Oh so sweet tippy.....Grandma Nancy you really are one of a kind . You are so nice, and fun to be around. And I love you for being like martha stewart, because personally I love martha. You remind me of her because the way you love stuff to be done right. (if that makes any sense. ) Thanks for being so good to my sister and nephews. Hope you have a great day.!!! Happy B-day!!!

~~Heidi~~ said...

Happy Brithday Nancy... they have said it all. You are a wonderful lady. I am glad that you guys are back in your dream home. Yes thanks for taking care of Tiffy while Paul is gone on river trips, or working!! Have the best day ever~!!! HAPPY ONE!

Grandma Karen said...

Hey, I want to say Happy Birthday too!!! Especially since I'm younger!!
Nancy, I have to tell you how much I appreciate your treating my Tippy so good. Not all of us get to have a really GREAT mom-in-law, Tippy is one of the lucky ones. Both you and papa Rick have been so good and loving to her. Thank you.
Take care of that new knee so you can jump higher, run faster, and keep up with those cute grandkids.
Love ya,
Karen.

Grandma Nancy said...

Tiffy, Grandma Karen, Michelle and Heidi. Thanks for the birthday wishes. The bad things about birthdays is getting older and I really feel it this year. BUT, with this new knee, I am going to run faster, jump higher and try not to fall down again.
Karen, you got a peach when you had Tiffy. Thanks for sharing her with us.
Noah bug, thanks for the birthday song. I love you and the Moose soooo much.

"there is nothing--absolutely nothing half---so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats"--the wind in the willows